Job Summary: This position will have overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the production of products on various individual production lines/areas to produce products safely and consistently within quality specifications. This position will supervise and coordinate activities of production associates to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of responsibility. Responsible for: developing and maintaining positive associate relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of associates under their supervision; ensuring department operates within compliance of HACCP, USDA, and OSHA; and ensuring associates comply with facility safety rules and company policies. Will oversee associate training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a competitive cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead production teams to meet short- and long-term goals
- Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings
- Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames
- Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
- Evaluate team member performance and assist team members' performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
- Assist with customer facility audits.
- Assist with plant process improvement projects
- Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings
- Support the Butterball Mission Statement
- Hold pre-shift meetings for team
- Attend cross shift meetings
- Complete Safety Audits and participate in CST sub-committee
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
- Good understanding of fundamental labor and waste control.
- Ability to delegate responsibility.
- Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
- Task completion oriented
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability. Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs, and USDA. Must have the a bility to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Apply on company website