Title: Production Operator
Reports to: Feed Mill Supervisor and Feed Mill Manager
Summary Description: Operate equipment to manufacture finished feed including batching, pelleting, and grinding.
Essential Job Functions / Duties:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner consistent with company Policy & Procedures and safety training.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Monitor inventories of ingredients and finished feeds (as required).
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned areas consistent with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform general labor duties as assigned or needed by management.
- Collect all required samples as defined in Quality Control Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform all required testing as set forth in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, reports, and documentation.
- Monitor batching, pelleting, fat application, grinding, and routing processes.
- Input information into computer automation system accurately.
- Operate equipment, automatically or manually, via computer automation consistent with procedures.
- Perform all job functions consistent with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, HACCP, and Quality Control Guidelines.
Secondary Functions / Duties: Perform other duties as assigned by management. Must attend scheduled safety meetings and other training meetings.
Supervision: No supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications / Experience / License
- Must be task oriented and a self-starter with ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Must have ability to handle paperwork with accuracy.
- Ability to operate a forklift, and tractor.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Good reading, writing, math and communication skills required.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to swing sledgehammer and carry 55-pound ingredient bags.
- Ability to work at heights and climb ladders
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in any weather environment.
Apply on company website