Onboarding trainers will assist with all aspects of onboarding for newly-hired team members. Trainers will mentor new team members providing guidance and support. Onboarding trainers will help ensure our new team members aquire the skills, knowledge, and behaviors to become productive members of our team. Specifically, trainers will conduct On-The-Job Training with new team members instructing them on how to perform live operations job task in a safe and efficient manner. The trainer will monitor Injury prevention aspects of the Onboarding program as well as particpate in our Onboarding engagement process. Onboarding Trainers will work closely with the Onboarding Specialist to help our new team members adjust to their new work environment.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with onboarding specialist regarding the placement of newly-hired team members.
- Work with onboarding specialist to ensure new team members participate in Onboarding Injury Prevention, which includes the new team member Ramp In work schedule, strengthing and stretching exercises, Start-up Soreness Education, etc.
- Train new team members on the correct techniques required to perform their assigned job task
- Ensure new Team Member understands the correct usage of work tools, personal protective equipment (PPE), and Best Practices.
- Ensure new Team Member understands and can demonstrate proper animal care and well being and biosecurity practices
- Work with Onboarding specialist and live operations leadership to ensure new team members can perform their job task correctly and safely as well as provide support for other live ops team members needing refresher training.
- Monitor new team members' progress regarding their job performance. Keep Onboarding speicialist and live operations leadership informed of any performance or training issues that affect the new team members overall job performance.
- Document New team member's job performance progress and provide input on job performance status.
- Work with Onboarding specialist and help administer weekly Onboarding Check-In questions for new team members.
- Work with Onboarding specialist to assist with Monthly topic or training as assigned: notice to employees, translation, assist with rosters and training as needed.
- Follow established Job instruction training methods and provide translation as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Onboarding Specialist and/or Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and to perform all jobs within a specific department
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated in performing job tasks
- Ability to be a role model for good work behaviors and attendance for all team members
- Ability to communicate to team members at all levels, from hourly employees to live operations leadership
- Ability to provide guidance for new team members in regards to the Animal Care and Well Being, Biosecurity, and Safety programs.
- Strong working knowledge of policies, procedures, and rules of live operations and company
- Translation and interpretation skills, if bilingual
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or data entry (Microsoft Forms, Word, Excel)
Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, bend and stoop, and lift up to 75 lbs or more. Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including severe heat and/or cold temperatures.
Works in farm settings which involve strong odors, substantial dust circulation, loud environment, with barn temperatures often matching outside temperatures. Schedules vary and may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends. Requires showering in/out at farm locations.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience conducting on-the-job training (individual or large groups) preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish (read, write, speak) preferred
Apply on company website