Must have experience/ knowledge on how to operate pallet jack and forklift. Any class, certification exam, LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) or training must be passed/completed and kept to work the assigned department.
Essential Duties, Functions and responsibilities:
- Complete the Pallet jack or forklift inspection sheet before use.
- Perform all assigned tasks while ensuring safety quality and productivity
- Follow our Company GMP policy
- Ensure the object being transported is centered on the pallet jack or forklift.
- Operator is responsible for reporting any unsafe condition on the Pallet jack or forklift.
- Operator is responsible for making sure the pallet jack is clean after use. (use a water pressure hose to remove any meat on the forks and under the battery cover if needed)
- At any time the employee brings pallets into the production area it's the employee's responsibility to make sure the pallets are cleaned (in the tote wash room). (All pallets should not have any meat or dirt on it)
- Pallets can only be brought into the production area stacked 6 high maximum.
- Do not block emergency eye wash stations, emergency exits, or door ways.
- Honk your horn when traveling through doorways, corners, blind spots or congested areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proper PPE usage: The employee should be aware of the required personal protective equipment (Eye Protection, Hearing Protection).
- Power Industrial Truck classroom and practical training
- Stretching exercises and how they relate to muscle fatigue
- This job requires the ability to grasp using one or both hands and to extend arms fully
- Possible ergonomic risk factors for this job include repetition, awkward postures and/or excessive force
- Must be able to pull and lift up to 75 LBS repeatedly
Working Conditions/Department Description:
- May work in cold environments temperatures ranging from 40 degrees F and 50 Degrees F
- Work with loud and noisy machinery
- Work in dusty environment
- Work with chemical or fumes
- Work around pungent odors EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
Apply on company website