The Employee Relations HR Generalist handles the day-to-day employee relations activities and manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The Human Resources Generalist originates and leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary HR contact for front-line leaders and employees to answer questions and resolve employee relations issues.
- Provides coaching and guidance to front-line leaders and employees on routine employee relations matters including employee development, performance feedback, attendance, disciplinary actions, benefits, leave of absence, etc.
- Works collaboratively and urgently with other departments (e.g. payroll) to resolve problems.
- Coordinates/supports employee onboarding activities and conducts orientation sessions to ensure a positive new employee experience and rapid engagement.
- Conducts focus groups, roundtable meetings, surveys and other activities to gather data on employee relations matters and activities.
- Monitors, tracks, and follows up on matters and issues pertaining to employees on leave of absence from work.
- Maintains employee personnel files following company and regulatory guidelines.
- Updates HRIS employee data such as change of address, transfers, subgroup changes, pay changes, promotions, etc.
- Proactively identifies employee relations issues and supports team members and leaders to resolve problems; escalates complex employee relations issues as appropriate.
- Follow up and provides guidance to ensure compliance with regard to work authorizations, FMLA, etc.
- Conducts and provides guidance on investigations and provides support for grievances, investigations, and mediations.
- Creates, generates, analyzes, monitors, and updates various ad hoc and custom reports for administration, evaluation, reporting, and presentations.
- Assists with internal/external audits and regulatory reporting.
- Aids and supports benefits administration and annual open enrollments.
- Works with leaders and employees to create and update job descriptions.
- Handles/supports the recruiting and hiring process that includes creating job postings, screening applications/resumes, interview scheduling, conducting interviews, pre-employment background processes, job offers/declinations, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of human resources practices and ability to provide employee relations expertise for employee retention, company policies, teambuilding, conflict resolution, communication and feedback, etc.
- General knowledge of EEO/AA, ADA, FMLA, FLSA.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in the application of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Tactfully dealing with others in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability influence employees and leaders and to build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Ability to work in and foster a team environment as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrates effective listening, probing and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data collected and identify the root problems/causes.
- Ability to respond urgently and proactively to address issues, questions and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decision.
- Ability use forward-thinking approaches in solving problems.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish), preferred.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in human resources, business administration, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years HR experience required, 6 years' experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Apply on company website