Job Summary – Assists the Feed Mill Manager with directing the operations of the Feed Mill including maintenance, manufacturing, delivery, quality, production/maintenance costs and employee relations.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversees the operations to provide for best manufacturing practices. Ensures that all manufacturing practice policies set forth by the Company are completed and documented as assigned. Ensures that FDA requirements are followed and documented.
· Understands proper delivery to Company and Contract farms is accurate and timely.
· Oversees all aspects of the preventative maintenance program.
· Ensures proper quality control procedures and policies (including HACCP) are adhered to for ingredients and finished feeds.
· Reports and assist with all injuries and investigations.
· Monitors and minimizes shrink in ingredients and finished feeds.
· Provides for good “housekeeping” practices.
· Ensures a clean environment throughout Mill.
· Enforces and is responsible for all safety procedures and processes necessary to maintain a safe working enviroment.
· Supervises special projects as assigned by Feed Mill Manager.
· Ensures safety and well being of Butterball employees through safety meetings, safety training, safety documentation and continually striving for zero accidents.
· Assists with scheduling of employees and company projects.
· Monitors attendence of all employees on his shift.
· Coaches and provides Performance Feedback to associates
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of grow-out operations
· Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
· Good communication skills both written and oral
Education & Experience: Bachelor 's degree or equivalent feed mill work experience. Six months experience in a
Feed Mill setting. Computer experience – knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Demands – Standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping with hand.
Must be able to read and complete reports and use computer.
Work Environment – Usual office and plant exposures. Exposure to dust and outside elements.
Apply on company website