HEALTH SERVICES EMT & SAFETY Representative
Location: Raeford Department: OHS
Reports to: Safety Manager Shift: Second Shift
Position Type: Hourly FLSA status: N/E Clerical
Revision Date: March 17, 2020
This is an Evening Shift position (usually 3:30 pm to 12 midnight)
To provide professional medical care to associates, conduct screenings and promote wellness among associates. Monitor the safety of associates, by promoting safety programs to ensure a positive, safe, healthy and incident-free work environment.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote wellness among associates
- Treatment of associates for injuries/incidents
- Monitor work related injuries: associates should be seen at a minimum of once per week
- Complete 1st notice reports for accidents
- Attend accident investigations
- Contact company physicians when necessary (restriction clarification, after hour emergencies, etc)
- Follow notification procedures for injuries/incidents on company property
- Conduct Drug and Alcohol tests as per policy.
- Conduct Post Offer pre-employment physicals when necessary and data entry of information
- Administer RTW program
- Medical documentation data entry
- File Memo's and Medical documentation
- Conduct Audiometric testing/PFT testing
- Production floor presence weekly
- Inventory medical supplies as needed
- Participate in Health Fairs, shift safety meetings, and support the Safety department/Plant goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of medical equipment
- Clerical and computer skills, SAP, (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Excellent attendance
- Excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communications
- Self - motivated team player
Education & Experience:
- EMT Certification – Must be valid in North Carolina (Provided at interview)
- Minimum 3 years recent EMT experience
- Interest in workplace safety, ergonomics, and employee wellness
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
Perform other duties as assigned
- Frequent time in cold and wet industrial environment required
- May require long periods of time on feet
- May require a lot of walking
- Must be able to read reports, evaluate data, and use computer.
- Some long hours and weekend work may be required.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Apply on company website