Location: Goldsboro Department: Egg Room
Reports to: Hatchery Manager Shift: Day
Hourly/Salaried: Hourly FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Summary –
Responsible for removing the eggs from the crate brought from the farm and placing them into the holder (trays) needed for setting the eggs.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for transfer of selected baskets of eggs as a schedule from storage room.
- Manually pick up egg basket (25 Pounds) and place eggs in racks of incubators carts. The carts are then rolled inside the incubators.
- The empty egg carts and baskets are then cleaned and disinfected.
- Incubator carts are pulled from incubators on 25th day
- Remove eggs from the incubator racks and place them on the candling machine. Manually place eggs in Hatcher trays after they have been candled.
- Transport Hatcher rack into Hatcher.
- Wash and disinfect hatchers and hatch rooms
- Transport carts to manual shaker separator machine. Remove trays from hatcher carts and insert into manual shaker separator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The employee, must be able to work flexible schedules, implement changes in protocol, etc. Must be capable of following instructions. Must be able to add, subtract and write numbers. Must be able to communicate in some manner. The employee must comply with OSHA and Butterball rules and regulations to maintain a safe working environment.
Education & Experience:
- No formal education or experience required.
- Requires ability to do very simple, short cycles tasks and typically involve manual effort. Responses are required to a few simple orders.
Regularly lifts egg baskets that average around 25 pounds. The employee will be bending, lifting, pushing pulling and handling incubator and Hatcher racks as well as egg baskets and poult boxes.
The employee will be working the majority of the time in enclosed and semi-enclosed buildings, generally ranging from 60deg. To 99 deg. Work areas include concrete floors (wet at times). Protective masks, safety glasses and gloves are needed at times.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Apply on company website