This is a part-time (18 hours per week) Research Assistant position. The Research Assistant will be assisting in data analysis and paper writing activities relating to the projects “Dismantling Mindfulness” and the “Varieties of Contemplative Experience”. Specifically, this position involves data analysis, manuscript writing, submission and revisions.
- Required: BS or BA in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or closely related field and 3-5 years' research experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Master's degree in Psychology or related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in scientific writing, excel, quantitative analysis/SPSS
- Knowledge of literature about meditation effects on cognition and emotion
- Knowledge of contemplative practice techniques, phenomenology and religious traditions of participants
- Knowledge of clinical psychology, diagnoses, clinical trials;
- Knowledge of scientific articles, APA style, journal requirements, etc.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Best practices around grant writing
Criminal and education background check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2019-11-20-08:00
Job Posting Title:Senior Research Assistant
Department:Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:18
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website