The Director of Inclusion & Campus Engagement in the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity is responsible for coordinating outreach designed to address climate concerns at Brown. This work will consist of collaborating with key constituents across campus to assist with development of a curriculum for diversity training and workshops, as well as assessment tools to evaluate key programmatic initiatives supported by the Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP). The incumbent will also serve as the liaison to the Campus Life Student Center Directors and develop networking opportunities for staff who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups (HUGs) and other affinity groups.
1. Coordinate outreach to understand and address climate concerns
Establish ongoing opportunities for training and professional development for faculty, student leaders, and staff to build a more inclusive campus community
● Serve as the liaison to Campus Life student center directors
● Lead the development and maintenance of affinity groups for staff
● Serve on the Bias Review Team and serve as co-chair in the absence of the Director of Equal Opportunity and Diversity 2.
2. Manage programs that support the diversity and inclusion action plan and the OIED strategic plan
● Assist with the implementation of initiatives related to the strategic goals of the university and OIED
● Assist the Associate Vice President for Institutional Equity and Diversity and other OIED team members in creating evaluative tools to measure progress on DIAP goals at the departmental level
● Develop and implement diversity and inclusion lunch series
● Manage and support DIAP related programming aligned with the goals set forth in the strategic plan (i.e. WiSTEM, Professional Development Day, etc.)
● Create an evaluative process to measure the impact of initiatives on campus
● Collaborate with Alumni Relations and other key offices on campus to implement mentoring program initiatives
● Serve on the Brown-Tougaloo Partnership leadership team and support the initiatives of the partnership
● Complete other duties as assigned
3. Curriculum development for diversity trainings and workshops
Work closely with the Associate Vice President for Institutional Equity and Diversity to create a robust training curriculum for departments
● Build and maintain a database of internal and external training resources available to Brown community members
● Required: A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
● Five to seven years of direct or related experience including, but not limited to working in higher education, student leadership, or related field; prior experience working in diversity or multicultural affairs preferred.
● Strong commitment to and demonstrated skills for working with individuals with diverse intersecting identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
● Excellent communication (oral and written) skills required, ability to effectively engage and present to a wide variety of constituents, both internally and externally.
Background check: Criminal and education background check required satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-07-22-07:00
Job Posting Title:Director of Inclusion & Campus Engagement
Department:Office of Institutional Equity & Diversity
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website