The Associate Director of Individual Stewardship (AD) manages the program dedicated to the individualized stewardship of top donors and oversees the performance of the Individual Stewardship Team. This team works closely with Prospect Managers (PMs) to collaboratively develop and coordinate the execution of highly personalized efforts to engage the University's top donors. Their work facilitates tailored stewardship and bespoke engagement opportunities based on current and previous giving. The AD oversees a team of Stewardship Coordinators that each support a portfolio of top donors.
At its core, the primary role of the AD is as the lead project manager for a program comprised of multiple, customized, ongoing projects. The AD is intensely organized and focused on task and project completion. They are also keenly focused on collaboratively creating and executing individualized stewardship plans (ISP) that deliver a tailored and appropriate donor experience. As a team leader, they embody and demonstrate excellence in both practice and conduct as they diligently deliver high quality work on time and with the poise and demeanor befitting of a donor relations professional. The AD's strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and ability to design meaningful donor experiences make them a valued partner to many, especially PMs who are ultimately responsible for the donors in the Associate Director's portfolio.
In keeping with the customized approaches that the AD oversees daily, the AD also collects, curates, and sometimes author's highly specialized ad hoc reports and other content as appropriate. They utilize strong data, writing, and design skills to ensure donors are provided with outputs that are accurate, timely, well-written, and visually appealing. Similarly, the AD uses a mix of technical acumen and project management skills to continuously streamline and improve the processes by which individualized stewardship is created and delivered.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of development or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- 3 years project management experience preferred
- Prior experience in higher education or non-profit fundraising preferred
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to interpret data to drive business decisions.
- Detail-oriented and analytical, but also able to see the “big picture.
- Must possess growth mindset and leadership ability
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to define project scopes, requirements, roles and responsibilities, and other charter elements
- Empathy for donors and prospect managers and ability to understand challenges from multiple perspectives
- Writing and editing skills including ability to convey voice, ensure accuracy, and conduct technical edits
- Proficient knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Constituent Relationship Management software is essential. Must be comfortable learning and using new technologies
- Attention to detail with an eye for completeness, visual appeal, and logical presentation
- Ability to work independently and to manage complex processes to deliver high-quality products
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-05-26-07:00
Job Posting Title:Associate Director, Individual Stewardship
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website