A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
System Manager Finance
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing financial operations and procedures including financial reporting, budgets, audits, internal controls, general ledgers, fixed assets, management information reporting and other financial services required by finance department customers. The Finance Manager is also responsible for training, coaching, and effective management of support staff and other resources in order to deliver quality financial services in a cost effective manner. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 3-5 years' experience required
Experience in management, general ledger accounting, healthcare and/or public accounting, position specific experience (i.e., reimbursement, accounts payable, etc.) preferred
CPA is preferred
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Ability to operate personal computer and finance-specific applications
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing as well as maintain positive customer service
• Must have effective communication skills in small groups
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• In consultation with management and subordinate personnel develops short- and long-term goals for his/her area of responsibility, and plans to accomplish agreed-upon goals.
• Develops, secures approval of, and administers the budget which provides for the attainment of agreed-upon goals and in accordance with approved plans.
• Formulates or plays a significant role in the formulation of policies for his/her area of responsibility and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure efficient and effective services.
• Manages employment process and performance management process (for area of responsibility), including interviewing, hiring, performance reviews, disciplinary action, etc.
• Oversees, monitors and evaluates the overall performance of accountants. Ensure time requirements are met. Review general ledger account balances, financial statements, budgets (where applicable) to insure that amounts are accurate/reasonable, reconciliations are timely, and the F/S's are in accordance with GAAP.
• Reviews, evaluates and monitors corporate and departmental policies and procedures, as they apply to the accounting functions assigned in order to insure that they are applied effectively and consistently. Evaluate and monitor internal controls along with efficiency and effectiveness of departmental procedures. Recommend and implement changes to internal controls and procedures when necessary.
• Coordinate annual audit activities and preparation of necessary work papers and reporting packages. Meet audit deadlines and address any management letter comments before the next audit.
• Coordinate annual budget process for BHG and subsidiaries including:
o Timely submission of budget packages to appropriate management personnel for their completion.
o Interact with directors and managers on questions regarding budgets and budget vs. actual reports and provide education regarding budget preparation and financial management.
o Ensure that board related budget presentations are consistent with management-approved budgets, and are ready for board presentation by applicable deadlines.
o Monitor various budget information during the year and make appropriate adjustments within the budget without affecting the integrity of the budget as a whole.
o Monthly analysis of budget vs. actual reports to determine possible errors or problems.
• Directs the preparation of departmental records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses, ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets them in order to ascertain the extent to which departmental goals are being attained; takes corrective action as necessary.
• Complies with governmental regulations and maximizes government reimbursement.
• Coordinate and review of the information for third party cost reports and third party audits.
• Collaborates and consults with staff as appropriate to solve operations problems and to improve services.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1230 Finance (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website