A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Practice Support Assistant - BBC Internal Med. , 64hr/PP
The Practice Support Assistant performs various duties including answering phones, greeting patients, scheduling, patient check-in, preparing and retrieving files, and directing telephone calls. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3-6 months of related experience required.
- Previous experience working with medical insurance highly preferred.
- Must have keyboarding and computer skills, the ability to file accurately, possess professional communication and excellent customer service skills and be able to perform other light clerical duties as assigned
- Previous computer experience including hospital-based programs (i.e., Medic/Misys/Tiger or other practice management system) preferred
- Proficient in ability to organize, alphabetize, and file and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have excellent math skills and be able to use basic office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive medical information
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive customer service
- Ability to establish effective working relations with office staff and employees in a team environment
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects
- Registers patients/customers and confirms patient/guarantor demographic and insurance information.
- Completes all required fields in practice management system
- Determines patient co-payments (utilizing electronic insurance verification system) and collects payments on amounts due (current and past).
- Enter charges/payments into MISYS/Tiger system (or other practice management system).
- Prepares encounter form(s) for charge entry for services rendered using the correct ICD-9 and CPT codes as they relate to Codescan.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments, tests, and referrals according to office/provider preferences and the needs of patients.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, routes callers, and provides/relays information in a manner consistent with service standards.
- Maintains patient medical records according to current required standards.
- Obtains patient authorization for transfer of any/all private health information.
- Maintains patient confidentiality of data and information.
- Performs basic office duties such as sorting/distributing mail, copying, filing, faxing, ordering supplies, and completing forms, as needed.
- Performs basic composition of letters and reports. Formats, types and proofreads standard correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Maintains a clean unit environment/work area and communicates any equipment malfunction/problem to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains accountability for special projects as assigned.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the organization.
- Engages in continuous study to maintain the competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities. Completes required training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Ensures that required documentation for activities within areas of responsibility is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that patients, their families, visitors, customers, and employees are treated with kindness and respect. Demonstrates teamwork and integrity in all work related activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital safety and infection control policies and procedures, maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Maintain provider schedules, including meetings, appointments, cancellations, re-schedules, add-on appointments, etc.
- Print Physician daily schedules.
- Run reports from MISYS/Tiger system (e.g., charge summary, missing ticket, etc.).
- Prepare deposit, completing daily deposit verification form, and verifying accuracy of deposit.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the physician or practice manager/office supervisor.
- Maintains unsupervised access to the unit medication room(s) for stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
Practice Centralized Services: Additional duties may include; department focuses on demographic and insurance entry for all clinical patients, reviews accounts for missing and inaccurate information and communicates with office staff at each location to ensure accurate registration for patients who are new to Bronson, who have not been seen in over a year, have an account that raises a flag, has inactive insurance or is marked as an auto/workers comp
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8566 Bronson Internal Medicine Battle Creek (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website