A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Physical Therapist: Part-Time Pediatric (Pediatric Experience Preferred) at Bronson Outpatient Rehab 9th St/Oshtemo
This is a Part Time (48hrs/pp) Pediatric Physical Therapist position located at Bronson Outpatient Rehab on 9th Street in Oshtemo. Preference will be given to candidates with pediatric experience.
Evaluates plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to improve/restore function, increase strength, relieve pain, and enhance functional independence. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Graduates from an accredited Physical Therapy program
Licensed Physical Therapist in good standing for the State of Michigan
BLS required within 3 months after hire
Current driver's license in the state of Michigan, availability of car for business use on a daily basis, and proof of insurance required for Bronson at Home
For Bronson at Home driving your own vehicle on a regularly scheduled basis to perform business on behalf of Bronson is required and will require successfully pass of MVR check after an offer of employment has been made but prior to the employee's start date. Proof of valid auto insurance on that vehicle that will be driven while on duty for Bronson is required. It is the employee's responsibility to submit auto insurance renewals before current coverage expires to their supervisor. It is also the employee's responsibility to update their auto insurance coverage with Bronson if a different vehicle will be driven to perform business on behalf of Bronson.
• Keyboarding skills to operate a PC/mobile device
• Must work as a team member and be able to effectively communicate with patients, visitors, and all members of the care delivery team
• Social sensitivity and the ability to communicate in English effectively
• Regularly performs work requiring a high level of interpersonal skills to deal with delicate patient care matters
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Interpretation and implementation of referrals; evaluates patient functional abilities/disabilities such as range of motion, strength, coordination, etc. through standardized assessment and testing; establishes functional baseline to be used throughout treatment as a gauge of progress and physical improvements
• Interdisciplinary discussion/rounds/clinics
• Establish education and treatment planning
• Family and community education
• Interdisciplinary team discussions hospital rounds/clinics
• Patient care goal setting and estimating length of treatment
• Direct patient care, including conducting individual and/or group Physical Therapy activities according to treatment plan; facilitates and instructs patients in the skills necessary to successfully participate
• May design and fabricate splints and other assistive devices
• Program development and participation in department process improvement
• Serving as a resource person in areas of expertise
• Providing inservices in areas of expertise for the Bronson Rehabilitation System
• Will cross train to other departments within Rehabilitation Services as needed.
• Documenting evaluations, patient treatment plans, treatments performed, and progress; indicates condition in relationship to establish goals and alterations to treatment plan to enhance therapy potential.
• Documenting in the electronic health record per compliance timelines
• Responsible for communicating to leadership any limitations that prevent timely documentation.
• For each person served the therapist maintains accurate, legible and complete records.
• Serving on committees and task forces
• Participating in process improvement
- Demonstrates time management skills.
- Supervision of PTA, Rehab Clinical Assistant, PT students, PTA students and volunteers, athletic trainer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
4100 Physical Therapy - OP (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website