A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BSH Bronson South Haven
Nuclear Medicine Technologist- PRN Bronson South Haven
Under general supervision, performs nuclear medicine scans designed to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders. Prepares and administers radioactive materials under the direction of a Radiologist. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
As of Jan 1, 2015, any employee hired going forward, is required to have an associate degree, bachelors degree, or a graduate degree from an institution accredited by a mechanism acceptable to the ARRT.
At least three months of clinical and on the job training
registration within one year of hire date
BLS required within six months of hire date
• Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with record keeping in the department
• Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills to deal with patients, physicians and other in sometimes difficult or sensitive situation, including verbal and written communication, problem solving and assertiveness
• Must have a customer service orientation
• Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative within established procedures
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Receives or escorts patients into examination area; reviews pertinent patient information; instructs patient concerning the examination to be performed.
• Obtains radioactive materials and prepares radiopharmaceuticals according to procedure to be performed.
• Positions patients to obtain and effect the results specified for diagnoses; sets up and adjust supportive and immobilization devices as necessary, applies and adjusts radiation protective shielding to protect all individuals that require protection.
• Calibrates and operates various a variety of equipment to provide optimal Nuclear Medicine examinations in accordance with physician orders. Under the direction of the Radiologist, administers or assists in the administration of radio pharmaceuticals (either orally or intravenously). Consults Radiologist to clarify orders or to discuss unusual situations. Performs work in Radiology Department or other areas as necessary to accommodate patient/physician needs.
• Operates all equipment properly and with care. Performs regular quality control on department equipment. Immediately reports any malfunctions, necessary adjustments or repairs.
• Performs regular radioactive quality control surveys on equipment, radioisotopes, and sectional areas as required by Nuclear Regulatory Commission; maintains accurate records of all such activity.
• Performs first aid as required and assists in cases of adverse reaction to contrast media or in other emergencies.
• Observes and practices sterile technique and prevents cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Maintains cleanliness of procedure rooms and equipment.
• Maintains accurate documentation of patient and file information.
• Maintains appropriate supply level in their areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for student technologists and other non professional assistants as assigned
• Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for Nuclear Medicine Technologists that have been newly hired or need additional training needs for new procedures.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service when answering the phone.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3125 Imaging Services (BSH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website