A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Medical Assistant: Urology And Continence Specialist
Working under provider's direction provides general nursing functions for the practice. Records vital signs, immunizations, provides initial patient assessment, obtains concise patient history, and provides various clinical information and support to providers. Processes and posts information to patient's chart, educates patients and families regarding medications, treatments and care, and referrals. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- As of 06/21/2020, Previous clinical experience preferred. Must meet one of the following:
• Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program; or
• Must meet eligibility requirements to take the Medical Assistant certification (CMA or CCMA) or Registration (RMA ) and certification (CMA or CCMA) or registration (RMA) must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- BLS certification is required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Knowledge of clinical skills as required with Medical Assistant Certification/Registration.
- Effective problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and process information in a confidential manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, doctors and other staff.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and function as an integral team member with other healthcare professionals.
- Must have personal computer skills with EMR experience highly desirable and the ability to input and retrieve data from the organization's computerized systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive customer service.
- Ability to establish effective working relations with physicians, office staff, and employees in a team environment.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
- Prepares patient for examination including patient assessment, histories, vital signs, medication reconciliation, and routine testing of hearing, vision or other.
- Document pertinent information in chart.
- Maintains documentation standards and reviews chart prior to appointment to assure requests and documents are in place.
- Administer treatments as requested by the physician.
- Obtain specimens for urine testing, phlebotomy, etc.
- Performs laboratory tests as directed by the physician.
- Accurately documents required information in patient charts.
- Set up and assist physician with procedures (laceration repair, pap/pelvic, etc.).
- Schedule outside tests or procedures for patients in other departments of facilities such as x-ray, MRI, etc.
- Prepares patients for tests/procedures by providing appropriate instructions.
- Coordinate admissions, referrals, call in prescriptions, etc.
- Stock exam rooms with supplies as needed.
- Conduct day to day inventory of supplies and report items to be ordered.
- Assist in the scheduling of appointments in EMR system as required.
- Able to screen calls and determine urgency, necessity of appointments or whether phone advice is sufficient.
- Assists in completion of misc. patient forms (Worker Compensation, Disability, etc.)
- Attend staff, educational or other meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by nurses, practice manager, or physician.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8191 Bronson Urology And Continence Specialis (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website