A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Materials Technician *PRN*
This position provides a comprehensive array of material services which may require one or all of the following functions: linen services, reprocessing functions, or distribution and receiving responsibilities. The purpose of these functions is to provide the organization with material services which promote quality healthcare in the most effective manner. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 6 months related experience and/or training required.
Dependent on job location and job duties, a valid Michigan driver's license and insurability through Bronson's carrier may be required. Chauffeur's license will be required if the position requires driving a commercial grade vehicle.
DOT certification may be required after hire.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in the use of Portable Data Terminals and Materials Information Systems is necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven organization skills essential.
• Must have sound math, counting and analytical skills.
• Must be able to move quickly throughout the hospital on stat calls.
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers via telephone and face to face.
• Must have the ability to follow the materials management operating plan.
Work which rarely produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue, i.e., less than 20 percent of the work time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Accurately counts and inputs data into Portable Data Terminals for par level inventory and linen replenishment.
• Accurately picks and distributes materials to the corresponding department.
• Accurately receives materials according to established receiving protocol.
• Distributes inbound parcels to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
• Distributes stat within 30 minutes and supplemental orders within 1 hours.
• Monitors dated materials to assure that sterilization is not compromised.
• Assists in controlling utilization of materials and monitoring par levels.
• Assist in establishing department profiles.
• Supplies all departments and nursing units with sterile patient supplies, linen, and/or equipment as necessary. This may also include cleaning of equipment.
• Maintains current knowledge of equipment used in the department.
• Other related duties as required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1640 Materials Management/Central Distributio (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website