A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BCOM Bronson Commons
LPN Bronson Commons - Part Time and PRN/On-call
Under general supervision and in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established within Bronson Commons, the Nurse Practice Act, and the Licensed Practical Nurse Scope of Practice / Michigan, the licensed practical nurse implements and coordinates care delivery for residents throughout the length of stay to achieve quality outcomes and timely discharge by the following: providing selected aspects of physical care within the scope of professional nursing practice as appropriate given the resident's level of acuity and complexity of care required, utilizing principles of the nursing process in meeting specific needs of residents, coordinating the care provided by other interdisciplinary team members, delegating selected acts, tasks or functions that fall within the scope and the abilities of the CNA, and documenting and communicating the resident's response to care provided, consumption of resources, and anticipated needs. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and successful completion of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nursing required
Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Michigan
BLS competency required by completion of core orientation
Successful completion of Hospital, Core, and Department specific orientation based upon unit and experience level required
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze data from various computer systems and equipment in order to set an appropriate plan of action
• Must be able to constantly communicate verbally, in writing and electronically
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
The licensed practical nurse collects data pertinent to the residents' health or the situation.
• Gathers information and data related to the resident's physical and psychosocial needs
• Documents nursing history
• Reviews vital signs to assess condition of resident and detect deviations from normal.
The licensed practical nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the resident
• Utilizes resident/family input when defining outcomes. Incorporates the resident values, ethical and cultural considerations.
• Coordinates discharge planning for outcomes not achieved utilizing the continuum of care available.
The licensed practical nurse implements the identified plan.
• Implements appropriate interventions.
• Administers prescribed medication and treatment in accordance with approved nursing techniques and polices
• Utilizes evidence-based interventions specific to the residents plan
• Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the resident.
• Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, and coordinates the implementation of the plan.
• Manages the care plan for residents by organizing and delegation resident care interventions to be implemented. Evaluates the effectiveness of care given by self and others.
• Incorporates Clinical Practice Guidelines into the plan when appropriate
• Develops individualized interventions with resident input when appropriate
The licensed practical nurse evaluates progress toward attainment of the expected outcomes
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the planned interventions and the resident response toward achievement of the expected outcomes.
• Documents the resident response toward the expected outcomes.
** This positing is for all part-time and on-call/PRN open positions at
**Weekend and Holiday rotation required
**This posting is for external candidates only
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Apply on company website