A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Licensed Practical Nurse: Family Medicine - Stadium Dr.
Working under provider's direction, provides all general nursing staff functions for the practice. Records vital signs, immunizations, provides initial patient assessment, obtains concise patient history, and provides various clinical information and support to providers. Processes and posts information to patient's charts and provides patient and family with education regarding medications, treatment and care, and patient referrals. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- Additional Job Description
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and successful completion of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nursing and 6-12 months experience in healthcare required
Licensed LPN with the state of Michigan in good standing.
BLS certification required
• Effective problem-solving and prioritization skills.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and process information in a confidential manner.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, doctors and other staff; ability to maintain patient confidentiality; ability to work independently and function as an integral team member with other healthcare professionals.
• Must have computer skills and the ability to input and retrieve data from the organization's computerized systems.
• Must have excellent communication skills; verbally, electronically and in writing.
• Ability to maintain positive customer service.
• Ability to establish effective working relations with office staff and employees in a team environment.
• Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Prepares daily patient charts for the department. Maintains documentation standards and reviews chart prior to appointment to assure requests and documents are in place.
• Prepares patients for examinations including patient assessment, histories, vital signs, medication reconciliation, and routine testing of hearing, vision or other and provides initial assessment of patient's condition to physician as needed.
• Triage calls and to determine urgency, necessity of appointment, or whether phone advice is sufficient.
• Assists provider with minor and emergency procedures and examinations. Follows instructions of physicians and provides reassurance for patients during examination.
• Under direction of provider, schedules tests and procedure for patients in other departments or facilities. Prepares patients for the exams and procedures by providing appropriate instructions.
• Performs laboratory tests as directed by the physician. Accurately documents required information in patient chart.
• Coordinate admissions, referrals, call in prescriptions, etc.
• Under the directions of the provider, provides patient and family with appropriate education regarding their care.
• Takes verbal, telephone and written orders for medications from physicians. Knowledgeably dispenses ordered medications (may be oral, I.M., or s/q) and properly records all data.
• Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Records test assessment results in patient record.
• Participates in performance improvement monitoring. Collects and collates data for monitoring quality of care and works to ensure all delivered care meets appropriate standards.
• Assures proper communication back to referring providers and forwards records as requested by patients.
• Assists in completion of form (Disability, Workers Compensation, State of Michigan) as required.
• Attends staff, educational, and other meetings as required.
• Familiar with various insurance and referral policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
7740 Bronson Family Medicine - Stadium Dr. (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website