A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BCOM Bronson Commons
EVS Floor Technician, Full time, First shift
Cleans surfaces in all areas of the Bronson Healthcare Group properties following prescribed procedures and using proper cleaning aids and equipment. Removes biomedical waste from assigned areas. Strips and cleans floors according to established procedures. Polishes, shampoos, finishes, mops, scrubs, vacuums, extracts, washes and cleans assigned surfaces. May move furniture, remove trash, and perform other related duties, including operating power machines. Performs in areas where all age patients are served. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
(BBC only) Michigan driver's license and insurability may be required
• Must have a practical understanding of Universal Precautions, use of cleaning chemicals and completion of self-inspections.
• Must be able to read and understand the English language and follow directions.
• Must have the ability to be part of a team concept. Work which rarely produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue, i.e., less than 20 percent of the work time. Job definitely requires above average strength and/or stamina to regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment and other objects. Work may be performed in positions requiring considerable expenditure of effort in reaching, climbing, maintaining balance, or manipulating heavy objects.
• Removes biomedical waste from assigned areas. (Must have proper training and certification to handle biomedical waste.)
• Strips and cleans floors according to established procedures.
• Cleans upholstered furniture, rugs, carpets and fixtures in assigned areas.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas.
• May move furniture, remove trash, and perform other related duties, including operating power machines.
• Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
• Maintains / Cleans equipment and stores in proper place. • Restock supplies as assigned.
(For BBC & BLH ONLY - may do laundry)
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1620 Environmental Services (BCOM)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website