A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BCOM Bronson Commons
Certified Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Assistant *Part Time* (Mattawan)
This is a general posting for external candidates to apply to our available Part Time Certified Nurse Assistant positions at Bronson Commons (Mattawan). Bronson Commons offers: First Shift 6:00a- 2:30p, Second Shift 2:45p – 11:15p, and Third Shift 11:00p – 7:30a. Every other weekend required and Holiday Rotation required.
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides patient care in the Long Term Care setting including: assisting with ADLS; bathing, dressing, transfers, and repositioning; toileting and eating; and basic customer service functions. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
As of 02/05/2021 Bronson has expanded eligibility of employment at Bronson Commons to include Patient Care Assistants (PCA) based upon CMS guidance, and while the national Public Health Emergency is in effect. Bronson Commons is able to hire individuals who have not completed a state-approved CNA training program, if the individual is able to demonstrate competency in skills and techniques necessary to care for resident's needs.
This is a temporary exception that will eventually be lifted by CMS at which time, an individual who is employed as a Patient Care Assistant, would no longer qualify for their position at Bronson Commons. Bronson encourages all applicants hired during this temporary exception to pursue their CNA certification and will support those individuals through the process. The timeframe in which CMS will allow this exception is unknown; however, upon the expiration of this exception, one of the following would occur:
- You would be provided a minimum of 30 days to bid on other positions for which you are qualified within the Bronson system, or
- CMS could consider adjusting the requirements for CNA certification testing eligibility and you would be required to obtain your CNA certification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current Michigan CNA Registry or proof of completion of approved Nurse Aide Training program with successful completion of Certified Nurse Aide Exam within 4 months of hire . (A lapsed CNA registry does not meet registration requirements) PLEASE SEE INFO ABOVE
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers required upon hire or within 6 months of hire.
Experience in Long Term Care setting, Rehab setting, or general Geriatrics practice preferred
• Basic computer skills required
• Ability to read, interpret, and analyze data from various computer systems and equipment
• Ability to rotate to other areas within cluster group
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and through writing with residents, families, visitors, and all members of the healthcare team
• Ability to comfortably accept delegation and negotiate task priorities
• Must demonstrate positive customer service skills
Work which rarely produces a high level of mental/visual fatigue, i.e., less than 20 percent of the work time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Provides information, direction, and assistance as appropriate to individuals entering the building.
• Communicates with the licensed nurse regarding resident status, interventions completed, data collected and pertinent input to facilitate care planning
• Answers call lights, bells, or paging system to determine residents' needs.
• Assist resident to bathe, dress, undress ad other activities of daily living
• Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring assistance.
• Reviews Door Care plan at beginning of shift and PRN for every assigned resident
• Turns and repositions residents, alone or with assistance, to aid in pressure relief
• Changes bed linens as needed, keeps room neat and tidy
• Takes and records information, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, and calorie counts, as directed.
• Completes other tasks as delegated and assigned in a timely manner.
• Utilizes documentation systems to enter patient data.
• Maintains a clean and orderly environment, ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times
• Accurately documents all care given
• Assumes responsibility for own growth and development.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website