A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
C S Technician I- FT, BBC 2nd shift
The Central Service Reprocessing Technician is responsible for all aspects of decontamination, assembly, sterilization, storing and dispensing of surgical instrumentation. The Central Service Reprocessing Tech will obtain a working knowledge of infection control and how it pertains to surgical instrumentation and equipment and learn the various instruments/sets. This position is also responsible to recognize disposable items needed in surgical cases so they can be pulled into case carts. This position is responsible to the manager and works cooperatively with all levels of staff in surgery. Must be able to practice within the guidelines of the Reprocessing Department policies and procedures. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Successful completion of the organization, unit and job specific competencies within a ninety day orientation period. This orientation may be extended upon manager discretion.
• Skill and proficiency in oral and written grammar, communication and basic mathematics.
• Knowledge of sterilization and instrumentation preferred
• Must be able to practice within the guidelines of the Reprocessing Department policies and procedures.
• Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills including verbal and written communication, problem solving, advocacy and assertiveness skills.
• Able to read and interpret data from equipment and computers
• Ability to gather data and set appropriate plan of action, in coordination with RN, and within the scope of the Central Service Tech role
• Ability to rotate to all areas within RSS.
• Must be able to manage several job tasks simultaneously and be able to function effectively under occasionally stressful situations.
• Ability to communicate in an easily understood, grammatically correct manner, in English.
• Verbalize and plan care with team members, patients & family.
• Able to control confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to provide positive customer service.
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Accurately count par level inventory replenishment if needed for procedures.
• Accurately select and distribute materials and instruments for surgical cases and specific hospital house wide needs.
• Accurately receive materials, instruments and tissue according to established receiving protocol
• Monitor dated materials to assure that sterilization is not compromised
• Assist in controlling utilization of materials and monitoring par levels
• Assist in establishing profiles according to services
• Participate in continuing education as related to the requirements of this position and keep abreast of individual responsibilities relative to JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
• Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and distributes dressing packs, treatment trays, instruments, and other supplies.
• Utilizes computer systems to acquire needed supplies and to enter data, as defined by role.
• Maintains a clean and orderly environment, ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times
• Accurately documents all activities
• Assumes responsibility for own growth and development; attends regular staff meetings
• Other related duties as required
Scheduled Weekly Hours
5702 Reprocessing & Sterilization (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website