A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
BMH MRI Imaging Technologist- PRN
Operates MRI equipment for diagnostic purposes. The employee will demonstrate the ability to display independent judgment and initiative; will consider the age and special characteristics of the patient to optimize patient care. Participates in the growth and development of the department through policy and procedures development, QA activities and provision of continuing education for professional health care workers. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
*This is a PRN position that helps to cover FMLA, PLMA and PTO.
Associates degree from an accredited school of Radiological Technology
At least three months of clinical and on the job training
Registry eligible or registered R.T. (R). Registry eligible technologist must receive registration
within one year of hire date
BLS required within six months of hire date
• Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with record keeping in the department
• Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills to deal with patients, physicians and other in sometimes difficult or sensitive situation, including verbal and written communication, problem solving and assertiveness
• Must have a customer service orientation
• Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative within established procedures
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Receives or escorts patients into examination area; reviews pertinent patient information; instructs patient concerning the examination to be performed.
• Provides MRI services according to policy and procedure and considering the age and special characteristics of the patient. This includes all body parts.
• Provides service in a timely manner and completes the work on a timely basis.
• Cleans, maintains and monitors equipment appropriately. Troubleshoots equipment according to manufacturers recommendations.
• Reports equipment problems to supervisor. Calls manufacturers service department in the absence of supervisor.
• Performs first aid as required and assists in cases of adverse reaction to contrast media or in other emergencies.
• Observes and practices sterile technique and prevents cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Provides quality MRI procedures for radiologist interpretation.
• Keeps supervisor informed of all unusual matters. Seeks supervisors advice and counsel and develops a spirit of cooperation in carrying out the work.
• Maintains appropriate supply level in their areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for student technologists and other non-professional assistants as assigned.
• Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for MRI Technologists that have been newly hired or need additional training needs for new procedures.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service when answering the phone.
• Practices safety specific for MRI.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3106 Radiology MRI (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website