A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
BMH Diagnostic PRN Imaging Technologist
Performs radiographic examinations of various anatomical parts and systems of the body in order to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of physical injuries or medical disorders. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
This prn position will be used system wide. BBC, BLH, BMH post orientation.
Must work minimum of 4 shifts a month
Associate's degree from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology required.
Registered ARRT required or registry eligible. Registry eligible technologist must receive registry within 6 months of hire date.
Employee must provide evidence of successful completion (or an approved audit) of a CPR training course within the past two years or successfully complete a CPR training course (or audit with approval) within six months of hire.
• Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with record keeping in the Department.
• Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills to deal with patients, physicians and other in sometimes difficult or sensitive situation, including verbal and written communication, problem solving and assertiveness.
• Must have a customer service orientation.
• Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative within established procedures.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Works on a rotational basis in several areas of the Radiology Department performing routine radiology examinations as well as more advanced diagnostic procedures.
• Receives or escorts patients into examination area; reviews pertinent patient information; instructs patient concerning the examination to be performed.
• Positions patients to obtain and effect the results specified for diagnoses; sets up and adjust supportive and immobilization devices as necessary; applies and adjusts radiation protective shielding.
• Operates various a variety of diagnostic radiographic equipment to provide optimal Diagnostic Radiology examinations in accordance with physician orders. Consults Radiologist as to clarify orders or to discuss unusual situations. Performs work in Radiology Department or other areas as necessary to accommodate patient/physician needs.
• Operates all equipment properly and with care. Immediately reports any malfunctions, necessary adjustments or repairs.
• Assists physicians in administering prescribed radiolucent or radiopaque media for examinations.
• Performs first aid as required and assists in cases of adverse reaction to contrast media or in other emergencies.
• Observes and practices sterile technique and prevents cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
• Maintains cleanliness of procedure rooms and equipment.
• Maintains accurate documentation of patient and file information.
• Maintaining appropriate supply level in their areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for student technologists and other non-professional assistants as assigned
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3100 Radiology Diagnostic (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website