A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Bio Medical Equipment Tech
You may be eligible for a sign-on/retention bonus!
Contributes to the process of maintaining patient and non-patient care equipment by performing preventive and corrective maintenance. Must possess knowledge in the theory of operation, underlying physiological principles, and safe clinical application of biomedical equipment in the treatment of patients including pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Responsible for the application of biomedical duties in accordance to customary regulations and standards. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Associate's degree in a related field or successful completion of Biomedical Training required.
3 years experience in the biomedical field preferred.
CBET ICC Certification and Network +/CCNA are preferred.
• Must possess basic understanding of schematics and block diagrams, etc.
• Demonstrates the ability for, but not limited to, installation, calibration and inspection of biomedical and related technical equipment.
• Must be able to operate and understand diagnostic test equipment as well as understand complex principles dealing with patient and non-patient equipment.
• Must be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English with medical staff, equipment user, technical peers and department manager.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills that represent Bronson Methodist Hospital and the Clinical Equipment Maintenance department in a positive and professional manner.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Performs corrective maintenance repairs.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections.
• Documents equipment inspection performance.
• Provides technical information for customers.
Driving your own vehicle on a regularly scheduled basis to perform business on behalf of Bronson is required for this position and will require successfully pass of MVR check after an offer of employment has been made but prior to the employee's start date. Proof of valid auto insurance on that vehicle that will be driven while on duty for Bronson is required. It is the employee's responsibility to submit auto insurance renewals before current coverage expires to their supervisor. It is also the employee's responsibility to update their auto insurance coverage with Bronson if a different vehicle will be driven to perform business on behalf of Bronson.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1840 Clinical Equipment Maintenance (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website