A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Rehab Clinical Assistant: Acute Care Rehab at Bronson Battle Creek; PRN
Under the supervision of a Rehabilitation Therapist, and in accordance with defined policies and procedures for the department, the Rehab Clinical Assistant provides technical patient care to a pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population as assigned by the therapist. Duties may include the performance of basic technical skills not requiring licensure, such as, but not limited to: filing, data entry, copying and answering phones; assisting patients with non-billable therapeutic exercise and activities under the supervision of a therapist; Rehab Clinical Assistant will chart in the electronic medical record the exercises performed with patients on the Ortho Unit; assisting the Physical Therapist with the whirlpool activities; assisting the Physical Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist with a co-treatment that requires a second persons help; patient transportation; department maintenance activities (stocking supplies, moving equipment, ordering and procuring supplies, cleaning equipment, etc.); and basic customer service (directions, visitor control, and other functions as needed). All activities that the Rehab Clinical Assistant provides to the patient are non-billable activities. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Experience in a health care delivery system preferred.
BLS certification within 3 months of hire required
Successful completion of the organization, department and job specific competencies within 3 months of hire
• Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred
• Able to read and interpret data from equipment and computers.
• Keyboarding skills to operate a PC/mobile device.
• Ability to gather data and follow appropriate plan of action, established by the therapist, and within the scope of the Rehab Clinical Assistant role.
• Able to use copier and fax machine.
• Ability to cross train and attain competencies in other areas within Rehabilitation Services.
• Skill and proficiency in oral and written grammar of English, communication and basic mathematics
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides information, direction, and assistance as appropriate to persons entering the department.
• Stocks, disposes of, and orders linen.
• Cleans all surfaces patients are in contact with.
• Cleans all toys used once a week or upon request of the therapist.
• Able to retrieve patient data on the computer.
• Answers phones and takes messages.
• Stocks and orders supplies in timely manner such as crutches, splints, theraband, wound care dressings, and forms.
• Contacts Manager, Maintenance, or Clinical Equipment Maintenance with faulty equipment.
• Can accurately chart in the electronic medical record the exercises provided to the patient.
• Able to correctly use the scheduling system in the electronic medical record for outpatients treated at the site.
• Maintains a clean and orderly environment, ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times.
• Assumes responsibility for own growth and development; attends regular staff meetings.
• Clean/fill whirlpool tanks following infection control protocols.
• Measure patient for Jobst stocking using the “Jobst Stocking Measuring” form and provide information to the Case Manager for ordering.
• Assist therapist with sterile dressing changes.
• Assist orthopedic patients with exercise programs under the supervision of a therapist.
• Schedule the orthopedic patients accurately and in a timely manner with input from the therapist.
• Safely transfer patients from bed to wheelchair and back to bed. Skills and knowledge on how to use safe patient handling equipment.
• Transport patients in a wheelchair.
• Assist therapists/assistants with patient treatment when requested and properly instructed.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
4000 Physical Therapy Acute Care (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website