A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Analyst I Business Info Sys
The Business Systems Analyst I is responsible for activities related to the selection, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of business information systems supporting the activities of Bronson Healthcare Group.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
Experience with Financial, Supply Chain, and/or HR systems preferred
Certification or progress toward certification completion may be required dependent on an
individual's specific position.
• Working knowledge of healthcare operations related to administrative processes including core finance and supply chain
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications, hardware requirements, and process improvement workflows
• Ability to create system documentation, project plans, test scripts and education materials
• General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts, terminology sufficient to support the applications in a healthcare delivery environment
• Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Must be able to interact with customers from various levels in the organization to gather the information necessary to understand, address, and document their data needs
• Must consistently negotiate and act on deliverables and timeframes with stakeholders, take ownership of issues, and respond to issues within expected timeframes
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Support and participate in the research, planning, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrade of applicable systems. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data needs.
• Corrects routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or works with other IT staff and System Coordinators to correct individual problem situations.
• Develops and maintains collegial relationships with all System Coordinators and IT staff as relates to systems in area of responsibility.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the information systems and communications field and evaluates developments for applicability or incorporation into existing applications.
• Evaluates systems, processing, and development needs and recommends additional equipment or new systems.
• Participates in the resolution during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Participates in the preparation and authoring of supporting documentation, instruction manuals, and audit trails of program changes in accordance with systems and programming standards.
• Supports and maintains the technical literature library and the related system activities.
• Participate in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of clinical information systems. Maintain a current understanding of the processes involved in these activities.
• Collaborate with the business information systems manager in evaluation of development efforts, in planning pilot, and full, implementations of new systems and/or new features, and in processing user feedback and requests.
• Maintain a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the current business information systems, their functions and their relationship to other Bronson information systems.
• Participate in the process if revising and implementing changes in both the automated and manual components of the business information systems.
• Provide proactive user support of the business information systems, working with the System Coordinators, Physician Informaticist, nurse informaticists, and business leadership.
• Participate in systems analysis and research related to business information systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1451 Information Technology Data Center (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website