A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Epic Cadence Analyst (Epic Certified)
The Epic Certified Analyst I, Business Information Systems works under general supervision and is responsible for activities related to the support, and maintenance of one or more Epic and associated Revenue Cycle modules supporting Patient Accounting, Patient Access, Registration and Denial Management and/or HIM activities of Bronson Healthcare Group. Applications supported include Epic Prelude, Cadence, Resolute and/or HIM modules and associated vendor applications include, but are not limited to, Experian Real Time Eligibility, 3M Health Information Systems, SSI ClaimSmart, Relatient and others. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree (preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
Experience in at least one Epic module: Prelude, Cadence, Resolute and/or HIM preferred
Applicable Epic Application Certification (e.g. Prelude, Cadence, Resolute, etc) required or
must complete certification within 6 months of hire
• Working knowledge of healthcare operations related to administrative processes including insurance regulations, billing and reimbursement principles
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications, hardware requirements, and process improvement workflows
• Ability to create system documentation, test scripts and education materials under general supervision
• General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts, terminology sufficient to support the applications in a healthcare delivery environment
• Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Must be able to interact with customers from various levels in the organization to gather the information necessary to understand, address, and document their data needs
• Must consistently negotiate and act on deliverables and timeframes with stakeholders, take ownership of issues, and respond to issues within expected timeframes
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Support and participate in the research, planning, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrade of applicable systems. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data needs.
• Correct routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or work with other Information Technology staff to correct individual problem situations.
• Develop and maintain collegial relationships with all Information Technology staff as relates to systems in area of responsibility.
• Perform analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Revenue Cycle software
• Investigate and analyze end users' preference and business operations while making support decisions.
• Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how it should be used; effectively communicate new features to customers
• Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with Revenue Cycle applications
• Work with report writers to ensure that customers have the necessary reports; review and revise specifications as needed
• Keep abreast of developments in the information systems and communications field and evaluate developments for applicability or incorporation into existing applications.
• Evaluate systems, processing, and development needs and recommend additional equipment or new systems.
• Participate in resolutions during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Participate in the preparation and authoring of supporting documentation, instruction manuals, and audit trails of program changes in accordance with systems and programming standards.
• Support and maintain the technical literature library and the related system.
• Participate in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of business information systems. Maintain a current understanding of the processes involved in these activities.
• Maintain a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the assigned business information systems, their functions, and their relationship to other Bronson information systems.
• Participate in the process of revising and implementing changes in both the automated and manual components of the business information systems.
• Provide proactive user support of the assigned Revenue Cycle applications; troubleshoot and resolve processing issues internally and externally.
• Participate in analysis and research related to assigned Revenue Cycle applications.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1451 Information Technology Data Center (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website