A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Acute Care Assistant - Bronson Battle Creek- PT & PRN
Under the supervision of a Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse, or Registered Nurse, performs a variety of clerical and basic patient care duties. Must be proficient with the software (i.e. Cerner, OMNI, Rad-Net, Pharm-Net, Quest) and demonstrate a thorough understanding of department charges/charge order set(s), department CDM, and charge capture processes (including reconciliation and error correction). Assists nursing staff in maintaining efficient and effective operations, and performs other related duties as assigned. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Previous experience and CNA license preferred
Must obtain BLS Certification by the end of the orientation period. Maintain BLS certification. Certifies in Basic EKG with 80% score or greater so may flex in Monitor Tech role as required by unit population.
Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred
Skill and proficiency in oral and written grammar, communication and basic mathematics.
• Customer relations skills
• Computer skills
• Basic math skills
• Ability to cope with a high level of stress
• Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
• Ability to concentrate
• High degree of flexibility
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a stressful situation
• Ability to assist with problem resolution
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience
• Ability to adapt to shiftwork
• Ability to cope with confrontation
• Ability to cope with the anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm manner
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. Job definitely requires above average strength and/or stamina to regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment and other objects. Work may be performed in positions requiring considerable expenditure of effort in reaching, climbing, maintaining balance, or manipulating heavy objects.
• Provides or assists with personal hygiene for patients. Gives baths, shampoos, oral hygiene, back and skin care, toileting, and shaves male patients.
• Takes and records vital signs and other data (weight, etc.) Reports abnormal data, patient problems or complaints, and changes in patient status to nurse.
• Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients and staff. Passes clean linens, changes beds, and maintain patient rooms and unit in an orderly fashion.
• Answers call lights and prioritizes patient requests.
• Assists patients with meals. Positions patients and trays and feeds patients who are unable to feed themselves. Removes trays and documents intake appropriately.
• Performs and documents simple treatments as directed by RN such as enemas, sitz baths, oral suctioning, simple dressing changes, and Glucose Monitor.
• Assists patients with movement and ambulating. Turns and positions patients who are confined to bed and helps patients into wheelchairs, onto carts, or with walking and documents appropriately.
• Provides comfort to patients and their families. Works to allay fears and ensure comfort and privacy.
• Collects and delivers specimens, equipment, meal trays, supplies, pharmacy items, and so forth.
• Assists other patient care personnel in giving patient care. Assists with admission and discharge of patients. Gives post mortem care.
• May perform other duties such as answering the phone, taking messages, checking and ordering supplies, filing, and so forth.
• Enters computer orders as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
• Cleans and cares for equipment in patient care areas.
• Orients new employees to the role of acute care assistant.
• Is responsible for reconciling daily charges at the patient level detail, monitoring gross charges daily, and identifying and investigating variances.
• Verifies system interface daily (as applicable) and, upon request, will obtain, review and correct error report.
• Processes and maintains EMR & patient charts. Assembles chart materials for newly admitted patients. Processes chart materials at discharge time. Processes discharges and transfers on the computer system. Forwards discharge charts to Medical Records as needed.
• Processes paperwork such as transfers, admissions, and discharges. Maintains ADT sheet and assignment board.
• Communicates with and assists physicians/physician offices in obtaining test results and/or information, arranging consultation calls when requested, or setting up patient appointments following discharge.
• Regularly contacts other hospital departments such as Radiology, Environmental Services, Surgery, Dietary, etc. To request and obtain supplies and services and schedule appointments.
• Completes other duties specific to the unit assigned such as maintaining floor census records, copying files/charts, assisting during emergencies/codes, assembling chart packs, or other duties as assigned.
• Participates in nursing and hospital-wide committees, quality assessment and improvement activities, unit staff meetings, educational endeavors, and implementation of new policies and procedures, forms, and other planned changes to improve patient care.
• Follows downtime processes.
• Maintains unsupervised access to the unit medication room(s) for stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
• Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
• Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling, patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website