Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Under the direct supervision of the National Director, Youth Development the position is responsible for leading the Quality Improvement functional team and will also oversee the deployment of services in a region of service. The overall goal of this position is to lead efforts to support Boys & Girls Clubs organizations in building continuous quality improvement systems in order to improve program quality, member experiences in Club sites and ultimately member outcomes.
This position manages the needs of local clubs to ensure staff gain the skills necessary to provide a quality experience that drive continuous improvement for all participating organizations. The position supports BGCA and Boys & Girls Club organizations in using continuous quality improvement practices to increase the impact of their services and drive member outcomes. This position is also responsible for the coordination of specific project components related to the development of processes that support and sustain quality improvement.
The ideal Senior Director of Quality Improvement will have experience in continuous quality improvement systems-specifically experience with the Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality YPQI system, business strategy, positive youth development, high quality management practices, organizational development, and change management, with 5 or more years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in education, youth development, sociology, training, evaluation, or related discipline with a strong background in consultation, training data analysis and organizational development.
• Minimum of five years of experience, including five years with project management responsibilities that include designing and leading multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Advanced level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Weikart Methods Certification
• EART Certification
• M3 Certification
• Demonstrates a strong ability to contribute to cross-functional initiatives as a youth development and accompanying organizational change relevant to quality improvement content expert for Organizational and Executive Development Services, Government Relations, Resource Development, Marketing & Communications, Planning & Measurement, and others.
• Demonstrates the ability to design and deliver program quality improvement activation across diverse pathways and organizational structures and capacities; demonstrates expertise in change management and continuous quality improvement.
• Drives content strategy and the departmental mission, serving as a brand ambassador to internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrates the ability to engage with a range of audiences including corporate executives, governmental officials, department heads, Club executives and staff.
Management & Staff Development
• Provides leadership and supervision to a team while advancing organizational impact, maximizing human capital and resources, and ensuring impact for youth.
• Provides innovative and fastidious leadership in executing all quality system, programmatic, activations and training/learning expenditures within budget.
• Provides leadership for the development of learning experiences for Boys & Girls Club professionals to support organizational goals and objectives.
• Leads the establishment, planning and implementation of designated advisory councils and committees.
• Develops organizational talent by providing coaching, feedback, staff development plans and performance management to designated staff.
• Supervises recruitment, selection, evaluation and retention of all assigned personnel, and observes, analyzes and shares perceptions and business results.
• Identifies and supports growth opportunities for staff.
• Creates and communicates compelling strategies, frameworks, tactical objectives and action plans.
• Drives for success and achieves systematic aligned results.
• Exemplifies exceptional negotiation skills with an ability to bring others together and reconcile differences.
• Applies logic and reasoning to identify new solutions or approaches to problems.
• Drives projects to completion and high-level execution.
• Demonstrates a proven ability to take direction and input to integrate feedback to inform professional development and quality improvement.
Designs Systems and Manages Complexity
Works closely with Senior Leadership to align vision, mission, goals, and budget to the strategic plan through synthesizing current research and thought leadership, benchmarking of effective practices, attending key conferences and gatherings, and sharing knowledge with leadership across BGCA.
Builds Networks and Collaborations
• Serves as a subject matter specialist across teams as it relates to Program Quality and Continous Quality Improvement.
• Builds and manages internal and external BGCA partnerships.
• Assists with foundation, corporate, government, and other donor-based proposals, grant writing, and reporting.
Develops and manages internal systems for strategic learning, alignment and evaluation and grows the learning culture within the BGCA organization.
• Gives compelling testimony to the value of the organization and the work.
• Shows care and concern for youth and those whom serve youth.
• Adheres to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employment Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
• Supports the overall goals and direction of Boys & Girls Clubs of America and assists with other duties as required that drive youth outcomes.
• Makes self-available for consultation to individuals/organizations.
• Helps the staff look past surface issues to get to root causes.
• Offers relevant tools, information, and recommendations to cover gaps in client skills/knowledge.
• Offers deliverables and brings issues to closure in a timely fashion.
• Creates an environment leading to efficient and effective implementation of capacity building plan.
• Ability to carry out detailed and complex instructions; ability to interact with coworkers and public by telephone and in person as a member of a team to provide services to customers, both external and internal; ability to perform a variety of duties and to prioritize tasks to meet organizational needs. Ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and/or technical information and guidance in person, by telephone, email, fax or correspondence. Physical requirements include: sight, hearing, sitting for four + hours a day, standing for one to two + hours a day, stooping; skills essential for successful communications include speaking, writing and reading comprehension.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
• Normal internal office environment.
• Travel estimated at 70% (can be up to 16 days or more in a month, including weekends, depending upon scheduling requirements).
• The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country or abroad by using a map or other direction methods. Ability to travel by car, airplane or other modes of transportation required.
Lead the Quality Improvement team that delivers the key elements of quality improvement to Clubs develop and implement a strategy to align program quality to member engagement.
• Support and development of the Continuous Quality Improvement team members both as a team and as individual contributors.
• Sustain and scale the key elements of CQI support delivery to Clubs including assuring that Methods Train-the-Trainer and External Assessor Reliability Trainings, development and scale of the Virtual Quality Network; development of the External Assessor national network; scale of the M3 planning with data training; utilization of Scores Reporter tool to inform improvement both for Clubs and BGCA; embedding of contractual elements of the Weikart assets and continued development of the CQI on-line assets.
• Work with other Senior Directors to align and deploy regional CQI leads to deliver high quality improvement supports in each region in coordination with other BGCA assets including TQI, Program and DoD supports.
• Deliver CQI-specific training/planning workshops & webinars.
• Coordinate and deliver Club Consultations in partnership with DODs and local club leaders.
• Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and develop assigned staff according to BGCA's policies and procedures, ensuring the overall smooth functioning of the assigned staff, and consulting appropriate Human Resources staff as indicated.
Create and monitor a performance and satisfaction evaluation system to support the ongoing development of CQI trainers/consultants as well as determine if learning events are meeting Club expectations and demonstrate adaptation as indicated. The leader in this position must model CQI as a structural tenant of this team.
Ensure business systems are utilized and maximized
• Collaborate with Measurement & Insight to ensure data collection is utilized to evaluate and analyze training and consultative services as part of CQI.
• Work closely with P&M to provide data and information to support current and potential funding of services, programs, research and evaluations locally and nationally.
• Collaborate with the Youth Development Services team to design effective deployment of curriculum-based assets to help Clubs increase the quality and effectiveness of service to youth.
• Work effectively with the YD Operations team to assure that relevant grants are managed effectively with Clubs.
• Demonstrate BGCA mission driven I*CARE values, and integrate these beliefs into our environment and ways of work.
Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Provide training & technical assistance to Club Staff
• Create implementation tools that include micro-learning.
• Instructor led learning events that support program quality improvements in Clubs.
• Conduct work with Clubs – focus groups, special projects, webinars – as needed to create relevant data and inputs that will assist in the continuous improvement of assets for Clubs.
• Collaborate across functions to document and share best practices from the field.
• Coordinate & facilitate high quality training, program services & events in designated region inclusive of all the service units.
• Serve as Certified Methods Trainer.
• Deliver Program area-specific training/planning workshops & webinars.
Support operations of Youth Development Team
• Serve as a collaborative member of the Youth Development Team.
• Identify areas for collaboration and review program content for opportunities for alignment with CQI
• Conduct and or participate in state, regional, and national staff meetings and conferences.
• Lead or participate in special projects or national projects
• Supervise functional activation team that delivers services in a regional model.
Apply on company website