Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
POSITION LOCATION: Atlanta (Midtown) office-based
TRAVEL: Travel estimated at 25 - 40% (can be 8 days or more in a month – including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements).
Under the limited direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the Senior Advisor, Workforce is responsible for the overall youth workforce readiness strategy for the Boys & Girls Club Movement, including creating and sharing clear, consistent messaging. In partnership with the youth development division, the senior advisor will scale utilization of a robust portfolio of signature workforce programs and initiatives across the network of Boys & Girls Clubs. The Senior Advisor will develop and implement a workforce readiness strategy to advance youth workforce outcomes and build organizational capability to drive those outcomes. In close partnership with leaders across BGCA, the Senior Advisor will work to scale existing partnerships and initiatives and build new relationships to advance the strategy. The Senior Advisor will ensure the workforce readiness strategy creates long-term value for young people, member organizations, and National partners. The Senior Advisor will serve as a thought leader and will ensure BGCA's approach to workforce readiness receives national recognition.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree; masters preferred
- 10+ years of experience in business, organizational change management, education, workforce, or other related field
- Deep understanding of public workforce development systems
- Experience in workforce development, youth development, organizational change management, strategy development and execution, and cultivating partnerships
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Must have good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for four plus hours per day. Skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing. Must be physically able to travel by air, car, train, or other modes of transportation
Strategy and Execution
- Partner with external thought leaders and subject-matter experts to inform strategic direction and key insights in Workforce.
- Develops criteria for measurement of performance and effectiveness of existing and proposed workforce readiness activities.
- Directs the research agenda in the development of labor market studies, surveys, analysis, and reports to advise decision-making and program development.
- Leads cross-functional workforce readiness efforts, establishing clear roles and accountabilities, fostering a culture that reflects the organization's values, encouraging strong performance, and rewarding productivity.
- Continually seeks to improve and develop processes and systems to enhance operational excellence.
- In partnership with youth development and field operations leaders, scale a youth workforce readiness strategy across the network of nearly 5,000 Club sites that includes skill development and career exploration experiences, industry-recognized certifications, and high-quality work-based learning experiences.
- In partnership with field operations leaders, build Club commitment to workforce readiness and capability to implement the strategy at the local level, including increased capabilities in this area for board and executive leadership, program and resource development leaders, and frontline staff.
- Oversee the development of a new teen employability certification in partnership with a well-recognized industry leader and secure endorsements for the certification from corporate partners and other employers.
- Rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of all components of the workforce readiness strategy and make adjustments based on learning.
- Provide technical assistance, consultations and trainings related to workforce development.
- Work across the Movement to identify gaps in strategy, resources, service delivery and knowledge and work to close the gaps.
Partnership Development and Management
- Partner with Resource Development and Government Relations to facilitate and execute on funding partnerships related to workforce readiness, estimated at $250M over the next 5-7 years.
- In partnership with Resource Development and Government Relations, develop other revenue generating partnerships to support youth workforce readiness.
- Oversee and manage all non-funding relationships, partnerships and alliances for the organization related to workforce readiness.
- Identify and vet potential new non-funding partners to support youth workforce readiness, discovering and exploring opportunities while working across the BGC enterprise to coordinate and ensure alignment.
- Screen potential partnerships by analyzing strategies and risks, assessing the scope of work and requirements, as well as the impact potential.
- Ensure partner compliance to agreements and standards.
- Develop proposals and partnership development materials.
- Leverage relationships within the greater field of workforce development and post-secondary education for thought partnership and leadership
- Facilitate thought leadership to advance Boys & Girls Clubs as leaders in youth workforce readiness.
- Build and maintain knowledge base of effective Club programs and practices. Elevate these exemplars within and beyond the Movement.
- Maintain high-degree of expertise in the areas of workforce development, high-quality youth development, and organizational change management.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; analyzes data to identify and recommend new prospects.
- Ability to adjust thinking about workforce development to apply ideas more broadly to workforce readiness
- Create Dashboards and Board Reports and regularly brief the senior team on the youth workforce readiness strategy.
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts related to youth workforce readiness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Direct supervisor responsibility for 1-2 direct reports.
Apply on company website