Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Position Location: Office-based in Atlanta, GA
Under the direction of the Director of Donor Management; the Operation Specialist is responsible for providing support in the areas of gift processing, data management, donor services, stewardship and cultivation. The Operations Specialist will fulfill assigned tasks for gift processing and data management in the Salesforce CRM, as well as provide excellent customer service to BGCA donors and constituents and the Resource Development team. They will actively participate in the development of the RD knowledgebase as well as the CRM migration from Salesforce NGOC to NPSP. They will actively support the cultivation and stewardship of BGCA donors and constituents through routine and special projects in coordination with Major Gifts, Annual Fund, and Planned Giving.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or education/experience equivalency preferred.
• Minimum of four years of administrative experience, proficient with Salesforce or similar CRM software, analytical reasoning, project management, process documentation and training coordination
• Fundraising or Development experience preferred
• Superior interpersonal abilities; strong administrative and organizational skills; a passion for quality customer service and teamwork; detail-oriented; demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity; tactful; flexible; excellent listening and reasoning skills.
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Office
• High energy level, comfort level with a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, self-motivated, good reasoning abilities, sound judgment and the ability to work under time pressures, while maintaining a proactive, positive /can do attitude with all individuals. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for more than six hours a day and other physical requirements required performing the essential functions of this position.
Environmental & Working Conditions
• Normal internal working environment.
• Less than 5% travel expected
• Perform accurate and timely gift processing, including but not limited to gifts under $5,000, special event gifts, gifts from third party vendors, employer matching gifts.
• Fulfill database maintenance and administration tasks, including but not limited to data uploads, data integrity analysis, duplicate management and clean-up projects.
• In collaboration with the Director of Donor Management, fulfill report and dashboard requests for Resource Development.
• Assist with development and ongoing maintenance of internal RD Knowledgebase for policies, business process and documentation.
• Be a main point of contact for the Resource Development team for questions regarding gift processing and business process. Solving problems when possible and escalating as necessary.
• Serve as cross-functional support and back-up for gift processing and administration, IT/Salesforce, and donor stewardship in times of high volume and PTO coverage.
• Work directly with the Director of Donor Management on continued department needs, filling gaps where deemed necessary and taking on various special projects in donor stewardship, gift processing and data management.
• Providing administrative support to the Director of Donor management, including but not limited to scheduling, coordinating training logistics, etc.
• Serve as a primary contact for inbound donor communication - assisting with challenges, questions and inquiries. Solving problems when possible and escalating as necessary.
• Serve as the initial point of contact and cultivation of Planned Gifts working coordination with the Resource Development team.
• Coordinate and support execution of the stewardship plan through various avenues including but not limited to tax receipts, pledge reminders, tribute and memorial cards, donor follow up.
• Collaborate with Development colleagues on mailings and special stewardship projects throughout the year for Trustees, Major Donors, Annual Fund and Planned Giving, including pulling lists, coordination and production schedule and mailing.
• Ensure accuracy and cost efficiency of donor mailing information by managing data correction for returned mailings and opt-out requests.
Apply on company website