Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Location - Atlanta, GA
Under the general direction of the National Vice President of Child and Club Safety and in close collaboration with other national leaders, the National Director (ND), Quality Assurance will provide strategic leadership and direction for Boys & Girls Clubs of America's (BGCA) quality assurance and safety assessment systems. The ND will oversee all aspects of our QA processes, establish strategic plans, develop policies and programs, and train and coach employees. The ND is responsible for delivering high quality QA products and services to Clubs and consulting with QA experts and organizational leaders to develop an environment of continual improvement in every aspect of the department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, graduate degree preferred
• Experience with QA measuring and testing
• Five to 10 years' experience as QA director or equivalent
• Knowledge of youth safety requirements and l and risk management
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and EHS software
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation skills with the ability to provide effective training programs and safety related resources. Ability to negotiate with vendors for Movement-wide resources. Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Ability to develop partnerships with related agencies. Excellent skills in monitoring, follow-up, and great attention to detail. Ability to collect, analyze data, and make decisions based on information. Demonstrates passion for child safety issues. Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks and projects at same time; adjust priorities based on need. Ability to work interdepartmentally to get results. Ability to influence others to make needed changes without having authority to mandate change. Ability to think conceptually and develop innovative solutions. Possess expert knowledge of risk management and control, premises liability, security, property hazards, sports and aquatic safety, emergency response planning/procedures, vehicular safety, bullying, and child abuse. Ability to effectively use technology while traveling.
• Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for four plus hours per day. High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Must have good reasoning abilities and sound judgment; skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
• Normal internal working environment.
• Travel estimated at 60-70% (can be 12 to 14 days or more in a month – including weekends – depending on scheduling requirements).
• The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods.
• Assures quality services and processes by establishing and enforcing minimum and best practice standards and testing organizational procedures.
• Establishes minimum and best practice standards by studying member organizations, sector trends & other national YSOs or subject matter experts, including other field operations leaders.
• Implements in-process assessment standards by benchmarking methods and devising testing methods and procedures.
• Establishes standards for evaluation tests, methods and procedures.
• Institutes reassessment standards by devising testing methods and procedures.
• Creates quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains overall quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and membership requirements.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Completes quality assurance operations requirements by scheduling and assigning analysts and following up on work results.
• Develops a quality assurance team by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training and providing ongoing guidance & direction.
• Manages quality assurance team results by coaching, counseling and directing outcomes.
• Maintains professional technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates all safety risk mitigation programs and strategies
• Direct supervisory responsibility over Quality Assurance Analysts.
Apply on company website