Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Position Location: Full-time remote West coast-based
Under the supervision of the National Development Officer–Events (NDO-Events), the RD Special Events Manager will be responsible for managing multiple fundraising events and helping to execute fundraising strategy and activities in partnership with the NDO-Events with a strong emphasis on volunteer recruitment to the event committees. In addition, this position where appropriate will engage, manage and motivate high-level volunteers and donors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or education/experience equivalency.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated successful experience planning and coordinating significant fundraising events and recruiting and cultivating high level volunteers in a large metropolitan area. Successful track record should include working with volunteer committee members to meet fundraising objectives and with planning, managing and initiating solicitations. Special events experience is preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate committee members and volunteers in resource development efforts; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; knowledge of successful special event fundraising practices; intermediate Microsoft Word, database (Luminate and Access), research and spreadsheet skills; demonstrated understanding and utilization of fundraising techniques to identify, solicit and steward gifts from various donor sources (i.e., individuals, corporations, foundations).
TRAVEL, ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Travel estimated 30% required (can be 5 days or more in a month - including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements).
- The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using electric direction methods. Ability to travel by subway, car or airplane.
- Position requires the ability to work for prolonged periods of time at high levels of activity, managing multiple tasks with varying deadlines; requires the ability to sit for more than four hours per day, reading, listening, stooping, bending, and manual dexterity skills.
- In partnership with NDO, develop, implement and ensure the success of fundraising plans for reaching overall event goals.
- Organize and facilitate event committees by working closely with the Event Chair, coordinating event committee meetings, developing agendas, monitoring action items and engaging committee members.
- Assist in new business strategies and plans for assigned events.
- Follow-up on all sponsorship and donation solicitation commitments.
- Coordinate and execute sponsor benefits (i.e. logos, activations, journal ads etc.)
- Coordinate and track event attendance for events.
- Support an event stewardship plan schedule and with excellence as directed by NDO-Events.
- Manage and update event pipelines 10 -12 months out of events, ensuring healthy pipelines and execution of prospective donors via an Event Tracker and NGOC.
- Ensure accurate information in event trackers, salesforce and in compliance with BGCA salesforce process and best practices.
- Work as a productive member of the Resource Development team and with other departments of the national BGCA staff.
- Collaborate across LOB – major gifts, regional officers, corporate, marketing, GR.
- Perform other fundraising activities as assigned by the NDO-Events.
- Demonstrate BGCA mission driven I*CARE values and integrate these beliefs into our environment and ways of work.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Communications & Data Management
- Assist with drafting correspondence, including acknowledgment letters.
- Prepare, proof and disseminate correspondence including but not limited to emails, solicitation letters, acknowledgments for key Development team staff, agendas, meeting minutes, event slides, pre-read materials and presentations ensuring accuracy and proper formatting.
- Maintain event web sites and maintain event related communication pieces for the Special Event team in partnership with Event Logistics team
- Coordinate participation and logistics of trustee meetings for the Event Planning team.
- Manage special event team transmittal process.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
No direct Reports. May monitor and coordinate the work of temporary employees and student interns
Apply on company website