Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
POSITION LOCATION: REMOTE - SOUTHEAST REGION
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or social services or education/experience equivalency required
- Minimum five years' experience in the management, administration and operation of a Boys & Girls Club (or similar organization) or seven years' experience working in the field of organizational development and non-profit consulting
- Demonstrated successful experience with board development and resource development
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Environmental and Working Conditions
Normal internal office environment. Travel estimated at 60-70% (can be up to 12 – 14 days or more in a month – including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements). The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods.
Physical and Mental Requirements
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Must have good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Physical requirements include sight, hearing, sitting for four plus hours per day. Skills essential for successful communications include speaking and writing. Must be physically able to travel by air, car, train, or other modes of transportation.
1. Provide Accountable Leadership to Autonomous Organizations
- Establish partner relationships with new Chief Professional Officers and Board Presidents in assigned service area and conduct orientations on services and resources available from Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Assist Clubs in increasing the resources available to achieve their strategic goals with an emphasis on increasing individual giving.
- Provide support and advice to assigned Area Council(s) and Area Council leadership. Ensure continuity of leadership for assigned councils.
- Promote child safety priorities and resources to local organization within the scope of this position; report any observed or suspected child safety concerns directly to the organization's leadership and to the appropriate BGCA senior leader.
- Conduct Child & Club safety assessments, as determined by Child & Club Safety. Submit and monitor organization-specific remediation plans with local Club leaders.
- Upon request, respond immediately to local Child Safety situations.
2. Increase Organizational Capabilities
- Create and maintain highest level of customer service relationship with professional and volunteer leadership of assigned Clubs.
- Ensure the delivery of risk assessments, safety audits, and training and resources on Club and Child Safety.
- Ensure that all assigned organizations complete the required measurement and assessment processes (Key Performance Indicators, Standards of Organizational Effectiveness, and Formula for Impact Assessment) and that all organizations have an organizational service plan in place.
- Promote attendance of organizations' leaders in assigned service area for appropriate learning opportunities including Regional, National and Board Leadership Conference.
- Develop, implement, and support the professional development plans for Chief Professional Officers and key management staff.
- Provide facilitative leadership in the assessment of board and organizational capacity and work with key board leadership on building and enhancing board development process.
- Where applicable, develop and implement strategies for board transformation which may include board recruitment.
- Provide consultative and technical assistance and the coordination and alignment of the use of field consultants, technical consultants, and services delivered by BGCA subject matter experts to Boys & Girls Clubs in assigned service.
- Provide and facilitate executive coaching to assigned CPOs as needed.
- Provide facilitative leadership and support to Boards of Directors in filling Chief Professional Officer positions
- Ensure the proper orientation, onboarding, and mentoring of new Chief Professional Officers.
- In partnership with Club leaders, provide support and guidance in strategic planning to facilitate organizational advancement in key performance areas.
3. Support Strategic Growth and Increase Impact
- Provide on-site and off-site support and technical assistance to communities assuring the establishment of new, self-sustaining Boys & Girls Club sites in assigned service area in accordance with BGCA requirements for membership.
- Serve as primary point of contact for member organizations and BGCA.
- Assist assigned organizations in developing and implementing a programmatic outcome- driven Club experience and measurement strategy with daily data that drives the Formula for Impact.
- Assist Clubs in analyzing internal and external data to create plans and strategies to increase participation and retention of members.
- Assist organizations in developing leaders at all levels of the organization.
4. Support Operations of Service
- Conduct and/or participate in state, regional, and national staff meetings and conferences.
- Conduct one face-to-face meeting annually; as part of visit, validate core standards/priorities and develop remediation plans as needed.
- Assist with other projects and assignments as requested by Regional Vice President, Organizational and Executive Development Services.
- Demonstrate BGCA mission driven I*CARE values, and integrate these beliefs into our environment and ways of work
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Apply on company website