Job Number: R0116762
UI/UX Front End Developer, Senior
Are you passionate about crafting an amazing user experience? The right interface can make a site easy to use, encourage early adoption, and save time and resources. We're looking for you, a front-end developer who will use equal parts skill and vision to build an experience that delivers functionality and efficiency.
We need an experienced front end developer who will use their passion to guide a development team to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. This is an opportunity to solve problems in DoD's mission by collaborating with a development team to build modern web capabilities with user centric design. You'll coordinate UI/UX designers and back-end developers to create a seamless user experience using Angular. Your team will ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements. With mentoring, positive code reviews, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills, we focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers. Join us as we build systems to change DoD's mission for the better.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with UI/UX development technologies and methodologies
- 2+ years of experience developing with Angular and with front end development using other modern frameworks including Vue or React
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools, including Git or Jira
- Experience with compiled CSS languages including SASS, SCSS, and LESS
- Experience with conducting ongoing user research
- Knowledge of front-end web technologies, including HTML5, CSS, and ES6/7
- Ability to gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Ability to create mockups or prototypes for new product ideas using tools including InVision
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Ability to be self-motivated and demonstrate expertise in time management and organization
- Top Secret clearance
- Agile Product Owner certification or training
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website