Job Number: R0115149
System Security Engineer, Senior
Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them seem overwhelming to government agencies and military organizations. In all of this “cyber noise”, how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you – build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As an information security risk specialist on our team, you'll work with DoD organizations to discover their cyber risks, understand applicable policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You'll get technical, environmental, and personnel details from on-site team members to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you'll help your team guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, whitepapers, and milestones. You'll work on translating security concepts for your client so they can make the best decisions to secure their mission critical systems. This is your opportunity to take an active role in information security while growing your skills in cloud technology, cybersecurity and risk management, AI and ML, data science and management, and virtualization. Join us as we protect America's warfighting systems!
Empower change with us.
- 7+ years of experience as a System Security Engineer (SSE) or a Cybersecurity Engineer (CSE) focused on enterprise security
- Experience with participating in or leading cyber risk assessments in complex system-of-system environments, including traditional IT systems, ICS/SCADA, or non-IT systems such as Radio Frequency systems
- Experience with defining security requirements, security assessments and security recommendations using industry standards as reference models
- Knowledge of best practice Cybersecurity and Threat-based Cybersecurity frameworks and latest trends
- Ability to synthesize complex cyber vulnerability and risk related topics into information that can be digested by non-cyber communities including leadership, operators, and auditors
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree in System Engineering, CS, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or Engineering Management
- CISSP Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with developing or implementing Cybersecurity Policy
- Experience with supporting Defensive Cyber Operations
- Experience with Acquisitions, Life Cycle Management
- CISSP-ISSEP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1
Apply on company website