Job Number: R0114202
Science Applications Front End Developer, Senior
Are you passionate about crafting an amazing user experience? The right interface can make a science dataset ordering system easy to use, encourage early adoption, and save time and resources. We're looking for you, a front end developer who will use equal parts skill and vision to build an experience that delivers functionality and efficiency.
We need an experienced front end developer who will use their passion to guide a development team to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. This is an opportunity to meet challenges for NASA Langley Research Center and Earth science by collaborating with a development team to build a science dataset ordering system with user centric design. You'll coordinate UI/UX designers and back-end developers to create a seamless user experience using Vue.js, Node.js, HTML, and CSS frameworks. Your team will ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements. With mentoring, positive code reviews, and opportunities to learn new tools and skills, we focus on growing as a team to make the best solutions for our customers. Join us as we build systems to change space and Earth science for the better.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with using Vue.js, Node.js, or Express.js
- 2+ years of experience with using CSS frameworks, including Bootstrap or Foundation
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, including PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Knowledge of the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 web application security risks and how to protect against them
- Ability to collaborate with other developers as a member of an agile team
- Ability to develop requirements based on user feedback
- Ability to document software and system documentation
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Agile software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with tools, including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, or GitHub
- Knowledge of Git and version control
- Knowledge of Git branching models, including Gitflow
- Knowledge of web servers, including Apache, IIS, or Nginx
- Knowledge of using OpenShift Container Platform
- Secret clearance
- BS or BA degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Agile certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.APC4
Apply on company website