Job Number: R0102616
Reliability Engineer, Mid
Develop and apply methodologies and techniques to analyze preliminary engineering-design concepts of naval vessels or C5I components. Recommend design or test methods for attaining customer-specified operational reliability using expertise in reliability engineering and other technologies. Analyze preliminary plans and analyze the development of a reliability engineering program to achieve customer reliability objectives. Draft failure mode and effect critical analysis FMECA sheets or formulate mathematical models using computer-aided engineering equipment to identify key failure modes and support proposed changes in design. Simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress, and other factors to develop computer models, and analyzes and adjusts design to predict and improve system reliability. Advise and confer with engineers in design review meetings to give reliability findings and recommendations. Review engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Experience with reliability engineering activities
- Experience with using reliability tools, including Reliasoft or JMP
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in EE, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with US Navy platforms and combat systems, surface and air–launched weapons, C4I, Sensor, and Electronic Warfare systems
- Ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills and initiative
- MS or ME degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering preferred
- Certified Reliability Engineer
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website