Job Number: R0092593
Model-Based Systems Engineer, Mid
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in leveraging model-based systems engineering? You understand your customer's environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you'll have the chance to design engineered, model-based systems in support of a wide range of US Army Fires missions. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and modernize engineering practices. You'll develop your skills in model-based systems engineering and digital engineering while gaining experience in solving client problems. Grow your skills by merging technology and systems engineering to create system models. Join our team and help to turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change. This position will require the ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time, including for extended periods.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience with using model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools, including MagicDraw or Enterprise Architect to develop and document UML or SysML system architectures
- Experience with using scripting tools for computational modeling, including Python or Matlab
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes
- Ability to use sprints to operate in a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time, including for potentially extended periods
- Active Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in working to develop information technology solutions or electronic systems, including architecting, fabricating, assembling, integrating, instrumenting or documenting designs
- Knowledge of the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Knowledge of legacy requirements databases such as DOORS
- Ability to interact directly with clients to identify problems, analyze data, generate solutions, and communicate results
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Top Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree
- Object Management Group Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) or International Council on Systems Engineering Systems Engineering Professional (INCOSE ASEP) Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1
Apply on company website