Job Number: R0110859
Leverage expertise in the field of earth science to provide laboratory and field support to clients. Apply specific functional knowledge. Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work independently with some guidance and may review or guide activities of more junior employees.
- 2 years of experience in an environmental technical role for environmental compliance and remediation programs specific to DoD and other federal and state environmental restoration projects
- Knowledge of a broad-based technical and scientific methods, including specialties in behavior of chemicals in various media and behavior of chemicals in the environment
- Knowledge of permit writing and implementing in the areas of Storm Water Management Plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill prevention control and countermeasure, or Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to gather and organize project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations
- Ability to be certified as a professional scientist or engineer
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and standards applicable to the specialty, including federal and state environmental regulations relevant to environmental remediation of CERCLA hazardous substances, munitions, radionuclides, lead-based paint, asbestos, petroleum compounds, poly- and per flouroalkyl substances
- Ability to understand and work with geological and geo-spatial models
- Ability to understand and work with air, hydrological, and groundwater models
- Ability to perform regular and recurring field inspections, investigations, or surveys in which there is a considerable amount of walking, stooping, bending, and climbing
- Ability to perform work in an office environment with frequent field work
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website