Job Number: R0090103
Data Scientist, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the government's advanced analytics capabilities. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning and deep learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help drive innovation, research, and development for our military and government leaders make informed decisions make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in bringing decision support and innovation to our clients.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with leading solution design, mentoring staff and interacting with clients
- Experience with programming languages, including Python, C++, Java, or R
- Experience with the exploratory data analysis to derive insights from data
- Experience with data wrangling techniques to cleanse data for data science applications
- Experience with building statistical models and developing machine learning algorithms, including supervised, unsupervised or reinforcement
- Experience with designing and executing machine learning models and applications
- Ability to explain how models are built and explain the results to non-technical staff
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with data science frameworks such as DataBricks, Data Robot, or Cloudera
- Experience with Big Data technologies, including AWS, Azure, HDFS, Hadoop, or Spark
- Experience with deep learning packages, including Keras, Tensorflow, or PyTorch
- Experience with deploying models using containerization and APIs
- Experience with operational data science at scale
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with data visualization
- Knowledge of deep learning concepts and neural networks
- Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree in Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, or Computer Science
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1
Apply on company website