Job Number: R0091977
Cyber Technical Solution Architect
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your cyber engineering and architecture skills to lead the design and building of secure systems for forward leaning clients? We're looking for a cyber architect who can create solutions for federal customers that will stand up to even the most advanced cyber threats.
You'll coordinate work with internal, industry, and client stakeholders to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions for multiple components of a security program including architecture, security operation centers, data protection, external threat detection, forensics, incident response, and vulnerability management. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll advise on new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll lead the team through a critical approach to solution design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. You'll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like network security, automation and orchestration of security events and cloud-based security while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to use cybersecurity solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Become a leader on our team as we improve law enforcement missions through cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
- 10+ years of experience in multiple IT areas
- 7 years of experience in cybersecurity design and implementation, including the people, processes, and technologies for threat prevention, detection, and response
- 4+ years of experience managing information security programs and technical teams including cyber risk, engineering, operations, hunt and incident response functions
- Experience establishing relationships with federal law enforcement professionals to manage and investigate cyber threats
- Knowledge of industry trend analysis, attack frameworks, threat intelligence and modeling to develop target architecture and solutions for multiple clients.
- Knowledge of the application of federal regulatory frameworks for the protection of information systems and data
- Ability to work independently to prototype and evaluate custom and third-party solutions for fit within the customer environments
- Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree required
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior staff on functional expertise
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Ability to work with senior executives to foster positive client and vendor relationships, identify opportunities with new and existing clients, and develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Possession of excellent client facilitation skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Top Secret clearance preferred
- Cybersecurity certifications, including CISSP, GCIH, CCNA, CCNP, CEH
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website