Job Number: R0074232
Statistical Geneticist, Mid
Provide recommendations for study design, statistical and computational methodologies, and analysis tools. Develop and execute research plans involving analysis of large-scale multi-omics data. Document and disseminate best practices and methods for genomic analysis. Present data and results in client meetings and in scientific forums. Write manuscripts, abstracts, and white papers.
- Experience with genome-phenome research
- Experience with large population cohorts
- Experience with genotype or whole exome and genome sequencing data
- Knowledge of statistical genetics and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of common open source genomic analysis tools
- Ability to provide statistical programming capabilities
- Ability to provide strong consulting skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex concepts to clients, researchers, and on-site staff
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- PhD degree
- Experience with conducting research in high-performance computing (HPC) environments
- Experience with R and Python
- Experience in working with controlled vocabularies and conducting large-scale PheWAS analysis
- Knowledge of population structure in genome-wide and phenome-wide association studies, also called GWAS, PheWAS, and their implications in large multi-ethnic cohorts
- Knowledge of genomic analysis tools
- Knowledge of rare variant validation using multiple technologies and public resources
- Ability to annotate and explore potential functions of identified variants with publicly available functional datasets or fine-mapping tools
- PhD degree in Statistical Genetics, Genetic Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or Bioinformatics
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website