Job Number: R0074017
Software Development Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity not just to develop software, but to build a system that will improve US Army systems? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We're looking for a developer with the advanced skills needed to build embedded software products for military robotics applications from vision to production-ready systems.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and collaborate with teammates. You'll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we help build systems to shape the US Army.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with the embedded software development life cycle processes and applications
- Experience with C, C++, C#, or Java
- Ability to model, architect, design, develop, code, integrate, test and manage embedded software solutions to provide and sustain operational capabilities with military robotic ground systems and vehicles
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with robotic systems, including Robot Operating System (ROS) and developing and diagnosing robotic systems
- Experience with Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems (JAUS)
- Experience with Data Distribution Service (DDS) middleware to satisfy Open Architecture requirements for Extensibility, Maintainability, Composability, and Interoperability
- Experience with using the QT Development Environment and JAUS Tool kit
- Experience with UML modeling, including Enterprise Architect, Rational Tools, or Magic Draw, and Architecture diagramming Frameworks, including Standard patterns, Singleton, or Model-View
- Experience with requirement development, including case development and requirements analysis
- Experience with tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bit Bucket
- Experience with reverse engineering
- Knowledge of revision control, automated make systems, unit test frameworks, developing and debugging embedded systems, particularly the interaction between hardware and software
- Ability to apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards for software and systems engineering and industry best practices associated with SEI Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) level 3+
- Ability to apply Lean/6-Sigma principles to software process engineering, management, and control
- Ability to apply program management, project management, risk management, and value management techniques and principles to determine and optimize cost, schedule, and performance parameters from development to fielding for software products
- Ability to develop and execute software and electronics life cycle management, development, transition and sustainment, and support plans
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
-experts in virtually every field
-a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
-opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website