Job Number: R0091663
Military and Family Life Counselor
Maintain responsibility for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, and evidence-based therapies in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using individual, family, and group psychotherapy, couples therapy, and alcohol and drug treatment evaluations. Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders, and school districts, as needed. Maintain accurate and current notes in paper medical records and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produce reports of evaluation or treatment, as needed. Participate in military-specific training and activities, including security clearances, use of the DoD or service-specific clinical practice guidelines, pre- and post-deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress, and participate in meetings, professional staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities, including quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, and other applicable meetings by regulations, as needed. Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity, assess barriers to treatment adherence, help patients with problem-solving solutions to barriers, provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen, maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician, and perform case management functions.
- 2+ years of experience with the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health environment
- Knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- MA or MS degree in Social Work
- Current and unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands
- Experience with working in a government setting, including the DoD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Experience with the military
- TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website