Job Number: R0061074
Korean Linguist, Lead
Critical decisions are made every single day on our client site. What if you could use your language skills to help them make informed decisions? As a Korean linguist, you use your specialized language skillset and your attention to detail to translate a variety of documents to give your client the actionable information and context they need. If you have strong translation and interpretation skills and a problem solving mindset, we have an opportunity to use those skills to support our warfighters.
As a Korean linguist on our team, you'll help your client understand the cultural nuances behind counterpart engagements. As the authority on your linguistic skills, your client will look to you for time critical needs, often under pressure. We focus on growing as a team to deliver the best support to our customers, so you'll have resources for mentoring and learning new skills and tools. Join us as we provide the right information at the right time to support the critical needs of our clients.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and intelligence. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
- Challenging projects – Whether training analysts on military equipment through VR technology; developing a simulation capability to allow teams to rehearse missions together; or integrating RFID tags into mobile devices to enable data access within a geo parameter, you'll get to solve some of the world's toughest problems
- Meaningful work – Use your skills to empower change. Your work will keep citizens and warfighters safe and well both at home and abroad
- State-of-the-art technology – Broaden your intelligence capabilities with digital forensics, telematics, precision navigation, secure mobile operations, and advanced analytics
- New skills – In-house experts and partnerships with tech leaders, like Nvidia and Splunk, mean you can get practical experience with advanced GPU technologies, Cybersecurity, and data science
- Room to grow – You'll be inspired to grow your career while making your ideas a reality thanks to new opportunities across the U.S. and abroad, encouraging mentors, and collaborative colleagues
-4+ years of experience with military or government intelligence or operations, including 1+ years of experience in a combined environment or foreign language work in a military or government setting
-Ability to show a score of 3/3 on the Korean Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) V and 3 on the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
-Ability to demonstrate proficiency in written translation and sequential verbal interpretation at combined engagements and training activities to and from from Korean and English
-Active TS/SCI clearance
-BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
-Experience with military or government with the US Forces community
-Experience with military or government work in the South Korean theater of operations
-Experience with verbal interpretation at official functions to support unit and dignitary representatives
-Possession of excellent collaboration skills, including working with government and other contractor staff
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website