Job Number: R0073507
Data Scientist, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve Booz Allen's commercial practice. You'll work closely with clients to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates, conduct data analysis and modeling, design data-driven solutions and approaches for clients, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our commercial security clients make informed decisions. You'll provide your client with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in commercial Cybersecurity. This position will require travel of up to 75% of the time.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with data science, mathematics, statistics, CS, economics, or data-driven problem solving
- Experience in collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment, including providing analytics or CS support
- Ability to operate independently and manage staff
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Cybersecurity or fraud domains preferred
- Experience in a consulting or client-facing environment
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including applying presentation expertise to convey complex ideas to the client and internal staff
- Possession of excellent problem solving skills, including in a collaborative environment
- MA or MS degree
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website