Job Number: R0076557
Data Scientist, Junior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the DoD. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our military make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good.
Empower change with us.
- 1+ years of experience with object-oriented programming
- 1+ years pf experience with using Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel pivot tables, charts, and functions
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with DoD acquisition or the military
- Experience with data science, data visualization, and database design and maintenance
- Knowledge of analytics languages, including R or Python
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we recognize the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join us, you can expect:
- access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl, the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our work with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.PACRIM, URT1
Apply on company website