Job Number: R0075573
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for our government clients? We're looking for an engineer who can create solutions for our clients that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cyber Engineer on our project, you'll provide general security engineering, security control assessment, and vulnerability assessment services for Booz Allen clients. You'll coordinate work with your team members to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions, to maintain a balance of security and network needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of our government. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like assessing and securing sensitive networks, system infrastructure, and applications in support of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities. You'll be able to broaden your skillset in the vast world of Cyber by taking part in opportunities and projects while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team, as we improve our client's impact through Cyber security.
Empower change with us.
- 2 years of experience with system, software, network, or infrastructure security in roles such as Information System Security Officer or Engineer
- Knowledge of DoD security processes, eMASS, Nessus, STIGS, and Splunk
- Ability to manage and implement Cybersecurity capabilities such as, FireEye Web Malware Protection System (Web MPS), FireEye Malware Analysis System (MAS), FireEye Central Management System (CMS), FireEye Email Malware Protection System (eMPS), RSA Netwitness, ForeScout, RSA Archer, and Splunk
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 5+ years of experience with systems security architecture and engineering or BA or BS degree
- CISSP, Security+, Network+, or CEH certification required
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with analyzing Cybersecurity data collected from multiple disparate sources to consolidate critical data into meaningful datasets used by Cybersecurity analysts to conduct timely Cybersecurity analysis, threat mitigation, and investigations
- Experience with web-related technologies, including Web applications, Web services, service-oriented architectures, and network or Web-related protocols
- Knowledge of protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and networks hardened against attacks, and securing sensitive data
- Ability to use database administration functions for Microsoft SQL Server including server installation, configuration, upgrades, database optimization, troubleshooting, and backups
- Ability to implement network security and networking technologies and system, security, and network monitoring tools
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website